Wine in North of Spain!
Visit Spain’s most diverse and best-kept secret, ancient wine region, alongside one of the most renowned wine-making parts of the world. This is a pairing oenophile’s and newbies alike won’t want to miss!
La Rioja is one of the most renowned wine regions worldwide, producing top-quality red wines and more recently, great whites. Its signature variety is Tempranillo. This is a great wine region to explore if you are a wine enthusiast, and especially if you love big reds!
Navarra is one of Spain’s most diverse and ancient wine regions. Lesser known than its neighbour Rioja, its quality wines are just waiting for you to discover. Garnacha, or Grenache, is the grape that best expresses the terroir of the region and includes fruity, oak-influenced wines. Some are blended with international varieties such as Cabernet Sauvignon and Merlot.
You’ll be based in Pamplona and spend three days in Rioja and Navarra visiting stunning wineries and getting to know the local varieties and wine making techniques. Taste wines in a total of 7 wineries classified under DOCa Rioja and DO Navarra.
You’ll try some of the best Pago wineries of the North of Spain, discover great varieties made with hancrafted Old Grenache vines, and taste wines in the towns of Haro and Laguardia.
You will also have the opportunity to enjoy culinary delights from the area made using local, seasonal products. This is a truly unforgettable wine experience!
- Visit Marques de Riscal winery located in Elciego. Their new building and hotel is designed by Canadian-American architect Frank Gehry
- Explore the medieval hill town of Laguardia with its underground caves (Calados)
- Taste wines at Pago status wineries of Navarra
- Discover some of the best Old Grenache wines of Spain
- Taste wines in centenary wineries located in the Train Station Quarter of Haro, the largest concentration of wineries over 100 years old in the world.
- A selection of top quality 5-star, 4-star and boutique hotels
- Available as chauffer driven or as a self-drive.
- Discover Pamplona, and its historical centre and enjoy the best pinchos (Tapas)
- Selected menu with premium wine tasting at a top restaurant
- Visit to one of the best producers of Txakoli wine.
If you have any special requirements, such as food allergies, or you’d like more information please contact us.